Prego Pork Neck Steak & Cowboy Beans
Not only is this delicious Woody’s Prego Pork Neck Steak and Cowboy Beans recipe suitable for any time of the day, but it’s also cost-effective and tasty to boot! It can be cooked in a shallow pot over a fire if you are camping with the same result. Cooking Woody’s Prego Pork Neck Steak dices to crisp helps to add a different texture to the overall dish. Careful, this one is spicy!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4 people)
- 1 Woody’s Prego Pork Neck Steak pack, cut into large dice
- 30ml Olive oil
- 1 Woody’s Premium Cut Streaky Bacon pack, sliced into small strips
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 Red Chilli, finely chopped
- 5ml Paprika
- 2ml Ground cumin
- 5ml Dried chilli flakes
- 340g Can of chopped tomatoes
- 30g Tomato paste
- 340g Can of Cannellini beans or Butter beans
- 340g Baked beans
- 4 Eggs
- A handful of baby spinach leaves
- Firstly, fry off Woody’s Prego Pork Neck Steak dice in hot olive oil, till crispy. Drain on a paper towel and set aside till later.
- Using the same pan, add the strips of Woody’s Premium Cut Streaky Bacon, onion, garlic and chilli and fry over medium heat until fragrant. Then add all the spices and fry for another minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and combine until well mixed.
- Lastly, add the cannellini beans and baked beans to the pan and stir gently to combine. Leave to cook over medium heat for roughly 8-10 minutes stirring frequently.
- When the sauce has cooked and thickened a little, add the cooked Woody’s Prego Pork Neck Steak dice back in the pan and mix.
- Using a spoon, make 4 “wells” in the pork and bean mixture and gently crack an egg into each well.
- Reduce the heat and cook on low until the whites are set. To prepare the eggs quicker, cover with a lid. However, this will form a white layer to cover the yolk. Alternatively, leave the lid off if you prefer to still see the yolks.
- When the eggs are cooked, add a handful of spinach to the top and
leave to wilt in the steam. Crack over black pepper and serve with warm crusty bread.
- Enjoy our Prego Pork Neck Steak and Cowboy Beans Recipe!