Smoked Pork Belly & Peppadew Sosaties with Fresh Thai Salad
Smoked pork belly and Peppadew sosaties are a new take on a South African favourite. And for that extra zing, a fresh Thai Salad is the perfect accompaniment for these kebabs that will, undoubtedly, be a hit around the braai this summer.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1-6 people)
- 1 Woody’s™ Smoked Pork Belly and Peppadew Sosatie Pack
- 30ml Olive oil
- 100g Rice Vermicelli noodles
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 stems Spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 100g Fresh bean sprouts
- 20g Fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 Red onion, finely diced
- 60g Peanuts, roasted
- 1/2 Pineapple, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 Juice of lime
- 30ml Soy sauce
- 20ml Sesame seed oil
- 50ml Rice vinegar
- 10ml Fish sauce
- 5ml Castor sugar
- Firstly, fry off the Woody’s™ Smoked Pork Belly and Peppadew Sosaties in hot olive oil, till crispy, roughly 10 minutes. Drain on paper towel and cover.
- To make the salad, soften the vermicelli noodles in a large bowl by covering with cold water and soaking for 3-4 minutes until tender. Rinse under cold water, drain and place in a large salad serving bowl or platter.
- To the noodles, add the cucumber, spring onions, bean sprouts, herbs, red onion, peanuts and pineapple and gently toss to combine. Squeeze over the lime juice.
- Using a small bowl and whisk, add together all the ingredients for the dressing and whisk until combined. Pour the dressing over the noodle salad and toss to lightly coat.
- Serve immediately with the cooked Woody’s Smoked Pork Belly and Peppadew sosaties and extra coriander if required.