Middle Eastern Smoked Pork Belly Rashers
Who could resist pork belly rashers grilled to perfection over a fire? Our Smoked Pork Belly Rashers, from our Smoked Braai Range, are given a fresh and fragrant boost in this Middle Eastern-inspired tabbouleh.
INGREDIENTS (FOR THE TABBOULEH)
- 1 large bunch fresh parsley (minced)
- 1/2 bunch of fresh mint (minced)
- 1/2 bunch of fresh coriander (minced)
- 2 Tomatoes (deseeded and finely cubed)
- 1/2 red onion (finely diced)
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
4 Woodys Smoked Pork Belly Rashers
200 g Hummus, ready-made
50 g Dukkah Seasoning
4 Radishes (thinly sliced)
1 tsp Paprika
- To make the Tabbouleh, mix all the ingredients together to combine all the flavours and set aside until ready to assemble.
- Once the fire is ready, grill the Smoked Belly Rashers on high heat for about 4-5 minutes each side until its beautifully charred but cooked through. Set aside to rest and keep warm.
- To serve, start with a large platter and spread a thick layer of hummus on the base. Next, add a heavy sprinkle of Dukkah on top of the hummus. Add the Tabbouleh to cover the hummus. Top with grilled rashers and a few thin slices of radish to add extra colour and crunch.
- Finish off by drizzling olive oil all over the grilled rashers, enough for it to drip down onto the Tabbouleh to form a dressing.
- A little shake of paprika and you’re ready to eat!