Grilled Mielie with Bacon Butter
How do you take your next family braai to the next level? Add some pimped out grilled mielies to the menu! The Woody’s™ Back Bacon butter is versatile, so make double, keep it in the fridge and spread it on your toast!
INGREDIENTS (Makes 6 Mielies)
- 200g Woody’s™ Back Bacon
- 250g Butter, slightly softened
- 1ml Paprika
- 1ml Black pepper, cracked
- 1-2 Thyme sprigs
- 6 Corn on the cob
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
- To make Woody’s™ Back Bacon butter, grill the bacon until crispy or well cooked. Chop the bacon into small diced blocks and place in a mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl with bacon, add the butter, paprika, black pepper, and thyme. Mix until fully incorporated.
- To store, place the butter into a suitable container and place in the fridge to set.
- To cook the mielies, place onto the grid of the fire and keep turning the mielies until nicely brown and cooked.
- Spread Woody’s™ Back Bacon butter over the hot mielies to melt and add a drizzle of Sriracha sauce.
- Serve immediately.