Grilled Mielie with Bacon Butter
How do you take your next family braai to the next level? Add this pimped out Grilled Mielie with Bacon Butter recipe to the menu! Our bacon butter is versatile, so make double, keep it in the fridge and spread it on your toast!
INGREDIENTS (Makes 6 Mielies)
- 200g Woody’s Premium Cut Back Bacon
- 250g Butter, slightly softened
- 1ml Paprika
- 1ml Black pepper, cracked
- 1-2 Thyme sprigs
- 6 Corn on the cob
- Sriracha sauce (optional)
- To make bacon butter, grill the bacon until crispy or well cooked. Chop the bacon into small diced blocks and place in a mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl with bacon, add the butter, paprika, black pepper, and thyme. Mix until fully incorporated.
- To store, place the butter into a suitable container and place in the fridge to set.
- To cook the mielies, place onto the grid of the fire and keep turning the mielies until nicely brown and cooked.
- Spread bacon butter over the hot mielies to melt and add a drizzle of Sriracha sauce.
- Serve immediately.
- Enjoy our Grilled Mielie with Bacon Butter Recipe!