Coconut and Chilli Pork Neck Steaks with Green Beans
Do what South Africans do best and light a fire for the braai! Our Woody’s Pork Neck Steaks are tasty and succulent all on their own, but marinated in a mouthwatering coconut and chill mixture makes things seriously lekker!
INGREDIENTS (FOR THE MARINADE)
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Castor Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 small knob of Ginger (grated)
- 2 Red Chillies (chopped)
- 1/2 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- 4 Woodys Smoked Cape Neck Pork Steaks
- 300 g fine Green Beans (blanched and slightly crunchy)
- 2 Lemons (halved)
- 1/2 bunch of fresh Coriander leaves
- Make the marinade by combining all the ingredients. Using a sealed container, place the Pork Neck Steaks into the container and pour the marinade over. Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- While the pork steaks are marinating, start your wood fire.
- Once the fire is ready, grill the steaks on high heat for about 4-5 minutes each side until its beautifully charred but cooked through. Set aside to rest and keep warm.
- Using a small heatproof pot, place the leftover marinade into the pot and place onto the fire or a stove top and reduce down to half. Use this as your sauce after plating.
- To serve, start with a bed of Blanched Green Beans, top with the steaks, drizzle over the reduced marinade. Finish off by scattering coriander leaves, thinly sliced red chilis and grilled lemon halves
- Serve Immediately.