Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks Recipe – Clement Pedro
The second recipe in our What’s Cooking? series once again comes from Afternoon Express chef Clement Pedro. We team up with the excellent food stylist for a mouthwatering bacon-wrapped chicken drumsticks recipe. Follow this quick and easy recipe from the Afternoon Express foodie to whip up this taste sensation.
The perfect addition to any gathering, these sticky bacon-wrapped drumsticks strike the perfect balance of tangy and smoky. Grab some friends, a few plates, and have a merry old time.
- 12 Free range chicken drumsticks
- 2 Packets of Woody’s Streaky Bacon
- 1 Cup BBQ sauce, of any kind
- 4 Large mielies, blanched
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Wrap the drumsticks with the bacon and secure using a skewer before brushing with BBQ sauce.
- Place the chicken on a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 10 minutes before turning over and giving another coat of BBQ sauce. Repeat this process and take out the oven.
- To prepare the bacon sprinkle: heat the butter in a pan, add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon but save bacon fat in the pan.
- Add butter to the bacon fat and place the blanched corn in the pan to begin charring. Finely chop the bacon into fine pieces.
- Once the corn is charred, remove it and add to a serving platter along with the bacon- wrapped chicken drumsticks. Sprinkle the bacon bits over the corn for some extra bacon-y flavour and serve with fresh slaw.