Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks Recipe – Clement Pedro
Been waiting for the second recipe in our What’s Cooking? Series? The wait is over. Here’s the Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks Recipe by Clement Pedro! Follow this quick and easy recipe from the Afternoon Express foodie to whip up this taste sensation.
The perfect addition to any gathering, these sticky bacon-wrapped drumsticks strike the perfect balance of tangy and smoky. Grab some friends, a few plates, and have a merry old time.
- 12 Free range chicken drumsticks
- 2 Packets of Woody’s Premium Cut Streaky Bacon
- 1 Cup BBQ sauce, of any kind
- 4 Large mielies, blanched
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Wrap the drumsticks with the bacon and secure using a skewer before brushing with BBQ sauce.
- Place the chicken on a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 10 minutes before turning over and giving another coat of BBQ sauce. Repeat this process and take out the oven.
- To prepare the bacon sprinkle: heat the butter in a pan, add bacon and cook until crisp. Remove bacon but save bacon fat in the pan.
- Add butter to the bacon fat and place the blanched corn in the pan to begin charring. Finely chop the bacon into fine pieces.
- Once the corn is charred, remove it and add to a serving platter along with the bacon- wrapped chicken drumsticks. Sprinkle the bacon bits over the corn for some extra bacon-y flavour and serve with fresh slaw.
- Enjoy the Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks Recipe by Clement Pedro