Chinese Smoked Pork Ribs
If you want to impress your guests with a fabulous yet easy-to-make meal, then our Chinese Smoked Pork Ribs Recipe will do the trick. This Asian-inspired dish is smokey and zingy, and will have mouths watering in no time!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2-3 adults)
- 1 Woody’s Brands Smoked Pork Ribs
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 8 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 15cm Piece of ginger, peeled & roughly chopped
- 160ml Hoisin sauce
- Zest of 1 orange
- 60ml Fresh orange juice
- 30ml Sesame oil
- 90ml Dark soy sauce
- 30ml Tomato puree
- 5ml White wine vinegar
- 5ml Whole black peppercorns
- 1 Bunch of spring onion, sliced at an angle
- 20ml White sesame seeds
- Make the marinade first by placing all of the ingredients into a food processor and whizz until you have a smooth consistency.
- Place the smoked pork ribs into a large ziplock freezer bag and pour the marinade into the bag. Use your hands to make sure the ribs are entirely coated with the marinade and leave to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a large roasting tray with foil and place a roasting rack over it. Place the ribs on the rack, but keep back the marinade. Cook for 30 minutes, and then turn the oven temperature down to 160°C.
- Cook for another 60 minutes, turning the ribs once or twice to get even colouring.
- Meanwhile, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring it to the boil. Let it simmer until it has reduced and slightly thickened.
- Serve the ribs with the sauce drizzled on top, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and spring onions. Serve with hot potato wedges as an accompaniment.
- Enjoy our Chinese Smoked Pork Ribs Recipe!