Bacon Toasties with Poached Eggs
This classic combination won’t disappoint! Bacon toasties with poached eggs is the true breakfast of champions.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 2)
- Spread the bacon evenly on a baking tray and grill at 180˚C, turning once, until golden brown.
- Bring the water and vinegar to the boil in a pot and stir to create a whirlpool.
- One by one, crack the eggs into a cup and gently pour into the swirling water.
- Lower the heat and poach until the egg whites are cooked (± 2 minutes).
- Lift the eggs out with a slotted spoon or spatula.
- Place the grilled bacon on the toasted bread and top with the poached eggs and pecorino shavings.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Garnish the bacon toasties with poached eggs, with rocket leaves and serve hot.