Bacon Pizza Base
Take the traditional pizza base to the next level by adding bacon bits to it. Trust us, you” want to try our Bacon Pizza Base Recipe – it’s worth it!
INGREDIENTS (MAKES 20 PIZZA BASES)
- 500g bread/pizza dough
- 250g Woody’s Premium Cut Diced Bacon
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 5ml olive oil
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- You can also add your favourite pizza toppings to add flavour to the Bacon Pizza Base Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C.
- Fry the bacon until crispy and allow to cool.
- Knead the cooled bacon bits into the dough and divide the dough into 2.
- On a floured surface roll the dough until it is very thin, and place it on a floured baking slide.
- Brush the dough with olive oil and bake in a pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until it is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with the spring onions, garlic and salt & pepper.
- If you are adding cheese to the bacon pizza base, add the toppings before baking.