Bacon & Mushroom Tart
Combine the earthy goodness of mushrooms with the smoky taste of bacon for a tasty tart that will impress family and friends.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
- 1 puff pastry sheet (approx ½ roll)
- 350g fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 packet (250g) Woody’s bacon, sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
- Fresh sage leaves to garnish
- Salt & pepper to season
- Pre-heat oven to 200˚C.
- Roll the puff pastry into a rectangle and brush with the whisked egg.
- Line a greased baking tray with the pastry and bake blind until golden brown (± 25-30 minutes).
- Fry the bacon in a medium skillet over a medium heat, until crisp, and transfer to a paper towel.
- Fry the onion, then add the garlic and the mushrooms. Stir in the bacon.
- Scatter over the pre-baked crust and top with sage.
- Serve with cream cheese.