Bacon Grillers 2 Ways Bruschetta Recipe
What would a braai be without some grillers? Well, not just any grillers; the Woody’s Bacon Grillers! This recipe is excellent as a starter and will get those tastebuds stimulated and ready for more deliciousness.
- 6 Woody’s Bacon Grillers
- 1 large French Loaf
- 100ml Olive oil
- 1 Avocado (mashed)
- 100g Buffalo Mozzarella Balls
- 3 Peaches (sliced or wedged)
- 100 g Halloumi, grilled (you can swop for fresh feta if preferred)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Place the oven onto grill setting.
- Slice the loaf into 1 cm thick slices. Brush each slice with olive oil and place on a baking tray.
- Place the slices under the grill to toast. Keep a WATCHFUL eye as they burn easily!
- When they have toasted evenly, remove from the grill and set aside to cool.
- Place the bacon grillers on the braai and grill for 8 – 12 minutes. Set aside.
- When the bruschetta slices have cooled, prepare 2 different toppings.
- Top bruschetta with a small amount of smashed avocado, a slice or tear of Mozzarella and slices of bacon grillers. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper
- Top bruschetta with grilled Halloumi, a small wedge of fresh peach and thick slices of bacon grillers. Top with small mint leaves. Drizzle with olive oil