Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
The addition of Woody’s Premium Cut Diced Bacon gives these decadent cookies a welcome saltiness that doesn’t overpower the overall moreishness. Try our Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe at your next pool party as an alternative to ice cream cones. The kid in you will love them!
INGREDIENTS (Makes roughly 12 cookies, depending on size)
- 1l Vanilla ice cream
- 100g Macadamia nuts, lightly toasted & chopped
- 30ml Honey
- 200g Woody’s Brands Premium Cut Diced Bacon
- 500ml Cake flour
- 2ml Baking powder
- 2ml Salt
- 180ml Butter
- 250ml Brown sugar
- 125ml Castor sugar
- 1 Large egg & 1 egg yolk
- 10ml Vanilla extract
- 30ml Milk
- 200g Chocolate chips
- Start with making the ice cream so it can set in the freezer while you follow the Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe.
- Soften the ice cream slightly, add the macadamia nuts and the honey and mix to combine. It doesn’t matter that the honey isn’t thoroughly mixed. Place the ice cream back in the freezer to harden again.
- Next, make the biscuits—Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grill the bacon until crispy. Leave to cool. Once cooled, place the cooked bacon in a blender and blitz until coarse powder consistency. Set aside.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and the bacon powder.
- Measure 60g balls of dough and place onto the prepared tray, leaving room between each ball to spread.
- Bake until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden, but the centre is still soft and puffy (approximately 11-14 minutes). It is crucial not to overbake! They will Harden on cooling.
- Cool cookies on the tray until able to lift without breaking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- As a suggestion, place a large dollop of ice cream on one cookie and top with another cookie and press to sandwich the ice cream. Optional to drizzle over syrup. Serve immediately.