Bacon & Cheese Braaiwors with Sesame Pap & Chakalaka
Woody’s Bacon and cheese braaiwors is delectable, but by combining it with sesame pap and chakalaka, a star is born! The smoky and tangy sausage is perfectly complemented by the spicy sauce, with the pap finishing things off for a delicious balance.
- 100ml Sunflower oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Red pepper, finely chopped
- 15ml Barbeque Spice
- 15ml Dried Chillies
- 15ml Hot curry powder
- 6 Whole tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 Carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 Tin Baked beans in tomato sauce
- 30ml Tomato Paste
- 1 Woody’s Bacon & Cheese Braaiwors pack
- 250g White Star Instant Mielie Meal
- 50g Sesame Seeds lightly toasted
- 20g Butter
- Start with the chakalaka, add the oil to a deep saucepan. Heat and add the onion and red peppers to the sauce. Once they have softened slightly, add the spices and dry fry till fragrant.
- Add the whole tomatoes, baked beans and carrots continuing to stir to combine well. Lastly, add the tomato paste to thicken the chakalaka.
- Keep stirring the chakalaka until smooth and doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. This should take roughly 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- When ready to serve, fry or braai the Woody’s Bacon and Cheese Braaiwors on a griddle until just cooked, roughly 10-15 minutes.
- While the Bacon and Cheese Braaiwors is cooking, make the pap according to the packet.
- Once the pap is ready, add the toasted sesame seeds and knob of butter to finish it off.
- Serve the pap and wors topped with chakalaka and an optional Rocket salad.