Bacon and Banana Flapjacks
Back to school is cool with these bacon and banana flapjacks! What a delicious way to start the day or to enjoy as an after-school snack. Easy to make and easy to eat!
- 2 Eggs
- 6ml Sugar
- 250ml Milk
- 25ml Butter, melted
- 500ml Flour
- 20ml Baking Powder
- 2ml Salt
- 2ml Cinnamon
- 4 Bananas, cut in half and lengthways
- 200g Woody’s™ Streaky Bacon Pack
- Syrup (optional)
- First, make the batter for the bacon and banana flapjacks.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar until well combined.
- Mix half of the milk and the melted butter and add to the egg-sugar mixture. Using a wooden spoon, mix well to combine.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and add to the wet mix. Mix well to combine; it may be quite lumpy. Gradually stir in the remaining milk to form a smooth mixture.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to thicken.
- Cut the bacon strips in half and cook under the grill until cooked and slightly crispy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To make the crumpets, drop spoonfuls of batter into a greased heavy bottom frying pan, top with one piece of banana and one strip of cooked bacon. Top with a little more mixture to cover the bacon and banana. Turn once you see tiny air bubbles on the surface and flip over to cook the other side.
- To serve, drizzle with syrup and a light dusting of icing sugar.